Visiting Gdansk is a must! It’s Europe’s hidden gem located on the Baltic coast of Poland. It is not yet overly busy with tourists like more known Poland destinations such as Krakow or Warsaw. This makes visiting Gdansk more charming than ever. This guide will tell you all the best things to do in Gdansk for a short weekend break. I loved walking down the beautiful streets of ornately decorated buildings.
You can visit Gdansk in 1 to 2 days. It’s a small town and you don’t really need an itinerary, just take in the scenery and enjoy the walks through the main streets and squares.
If you want to find the most instagrammable spots be sure to walk down Długa Street which was the prettiest street and where you can find many of my photos below! It feels like you are taken back in time.
Things to do in Gdansk, Poland
Save these places to your must see list:
- Artus Court & Neptune’s Fountain: Artus court is a stunning blue building in the center of Gdansk. It used to be the meeting place of merchants and a center of social life.
- Golden House: 2 doors down from Artus Court, you might find what may be the most beautiful building in the city.
- Main Town Hall: This is where you can see the huge clock tower all over the city.
- St Mary’s Church: Next to the Main Town Hall. In every city, I love climbing the church towers to see the stunning views. This was well worth it.
- Golden Gate: One of the biggest attractions in Gdansk. The Golden Gate was created in 1612–14.
Best Places to Eat in Gdansk
🍽️Canis – I went here & it had a very nice atmosphere & decor
Where to stay in Gdansk
The best area to stay in Gdansk is near the Town Hall.
To find the best hotels, you can use the search engine below!
For more reading, you may also like these:
Best Hidden Gems in Europe
Most Beautiful Cities in Europe
Best Places for Solo Female Travel
Leave a Reply