Solo traveling the world! It’s not as weird or scary as you think. People ask me why I travel alone some think it’s strange and I tell them that if I didn’t I would end up being at home on the couch and not seeing the rest of the world. You can’t depend on others and everyone’s schedule. Here are the 75 best solo travel quotes to empower you to travel alone. What are you waiting for – go travel! These motivational quotes will have you solo traveling the world in no time.
My Solo Travel Story
My mission as a solo female travel blogger is to inspire you to gain the confidence to travel solo. I believe solo traveling is a form of bravery and independence and I would like to empower other women to travel the world and not be afraid to do so alone.
I started traveling solo when a friend canceled on me. I couldn’t keep waiting for others to see this world. I was scared to death, but I decided to continue on the trip. I’m so glad I did because it forever changed me. It opened my eyes and grew me as a person. I could experience new cultures and new adventures. I met more people than you could ever think! That’s because solo travel doesn’t mean alone travel. You’re actually more likely to meet someone being alone than with a group of friends. How much more intimidating would it be to start a conversation with someone busy with friends than with someone sitting on their own?
I hope these words can encourage you to take the leap and start traveling solo. It will get easier and easier each time you travel. When you see that nothing can go wrong and how empowering it is, you might start preferring this type of travel!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase something through the links, at no additional cost to you. Read our Affiliate Disclosure here.
🤎 Get your FREE Solo Travel e-book! Gain confidence in traveling this beautiful world solo with my 14-page ultimate solo travel guide. It covers how to get that solo travel picture, how to meet friends and way more! It has great advice especially if it’s your first time traveling alone.
75 Best Solo Travel Quotes: Empowering you to Travel Alone
Short Solo Travel Quotes
These are my favorite short solo travel quotes!
1. “I don’t travel alone, I travel with myself.” – Unknown
2. “If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone.” – Maxwell Maltz
3. “Dare to live the life you always wanted.” – Unknown
4. “Travel far enough to meet yourself!” – Unknown
5. “The biggest risk in life is not taking one.” – Unknown
6. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
7. “Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator.” – Robert Orben
Motivational Solo Travel Quotes
If you need some motivation to travel solo, live by these solo travel quotes.
8. “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” – Henry Rollins
9. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” – Lewis Carroll
10. “Through travel, I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my introspective way into becoming a part of it.” – Eudora Welty
11. “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J. K. Rowling
12, “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
13, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Quotes About The Fear of Traveling Solo
14. “I was always scared to travel alone, but once I took that first step, I realized I was unstoppable.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
15. “At first, I was afraid to travel solo, but then I discovered that the only thing I was truly afraid of was missing out on life.” – Unknown
16. “Traveling solo was my greatest fear until I realized that the only thing I was truly afraid of was my own self-doubt.” – Paulo Coelho
17. “I used to be afraid of the unknown, but then I realized that the unknown is where the magic happens.” – Robin Sharma
18. “Solo travel seemed daunting, but as I faced my fears, I discovered that it was the key to unlocking my full potential.” – Mark Twain
19. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
20. “I overcame my fear of solo travel when I realized that the only person I needed to trust was myself.” – Unknown
21. “I once feared the solitude of solo travel, but I came to embrace it as the most enriching experience of my life.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Don’t let fear hold you back from experiencing the world. Embrace it, and you’ll discover your true strength.” – Helen Keller
Solo Journey Quotes
23. “Loving life is easy when you are abroad. Where no one knows you and you hold your life in your hands all alone, you are more master of yourself than at any other time.” – Hannah Arendt
24. “You will only know the road until you have traveled on it.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
25. “The journey of life is amazingly beautiful if you take it as a fearless adventure.” – Debasish Mridha
26. “I wondered why it was that places are so much lovelier when one is alone.” – Daphne Du Maurier
27. “Imagine a trip where you can do anything you want and didn’t have to worry about others stopping you from your biggest desires.” – Jackie Rezk (Jou Jou Travels)
28. “This is the journey of your life. Don’t try to explain it to others, because only you can see it.” – Nitin Namdeo
29. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
30. “The journey of life is amazingly beautiful if you take it as a fearless adventure.” – Debasish Mridha
31. “Some journeys can be only traveled alone.” – Ken Poirot
Inspirational Quotes for Strong Women
Believe that you are strong and can travel the world alone. Here are the best inspirational solo travel quotes for strong females.
32. “Solo traveling the world! It’s not as weird or scary as you think. People ask me why I travel alone some think it’s strange and I tell them that if I didn’t I would end up being at home on the couch and not seeing the rest of the world.” – Jackie Rezk (Jou Jou Travels)
33. “Solo travel not only pushes you out of your comfort zone, it also pushes you out of the zone of others’ expectations.” – Suzy Strutner
34. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” – Oprah Winfrey
35. “Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?” – Caroline Myss
36. “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” – Marge Piercy, poet
37. “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” – Albert Einstein
38. “Never did the world make a queen of a girl who hides in houses and dreams without traveling.” – Roman Payne
39. “She remembered who she was and the game changed.” – Lalah Delia
40. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
Solo Travel Self Discovery Quotes
Traveling solo has helped me discover myself by giving me the time to think deeply. These are the best solo travel quotes for self discovery.
41. “Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient.” – Grace Lichtenstein
42. “Traveling solo means getting to know the real you!” – Unknown
43. “I learned my strengths and my weaknesses. I experienced the exhilaration of the ups and the despairs of the lows and most of the feelings in between… I learned courage, and I learned it myself” – Ann Stirk
44. “If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone.” – Maxwell Maltz
45. “I think one travels more usefully when they travel alone because they reflect more.” – Thomas Jefferson
46. “As you travel solo, being totally responsible for yourself, it’s inevitable that you will discover just how capable you are!” – Unknown
47. “If we travel simply to indulge ourselves we are missing some of the greatest lessons life has to offer.” – Unknown
48. “You must go on adventures to find out where you belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurize
Solo Travel Instagram Captions
Stuck on what to make your Instagram caption here are the best solo travel Instagram captions.
49. “I don’t want to end up simply having visited this world.” – Mary Oliver
50. “Traveling alone will be the scariest, most liberating, life-changing experience of your life. Try it at least once!” – Unknown
51. “Traveling solo does not always mean you’re alone. Most often, you meet marvelous people along the way and make connections that last a lifetime.” – Jacqueline Boone
👩❤️👱♀️Read this post on How to Meet Friends Traveling Solo
52. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure.” – Freya Stark
53. “If you have to wait for someone to travel with you, you may end up waiting for a lifetime!” – Unknown
54. “When you’re traveling with someone, you share each discovery. But when you are alone, you have to carry each experience with you like a secret, something you have to write on your heart because there’s no other way to preserve it.” – Shauna Niequist
Quotes that Show Solo Travel Changes You
55. “There is a kind of magic-ness about going far away, and then coming back all changed.” – Kate Douglas Wiggin
56. “Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.” – Marty Rubin
57. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
58. “I have traveled many roads in my life. Some were imbued with pain and I needed to avert my gaze. Others were so beautiful that I would have remained there forever. But always, at some point in these routes, I reached a place where I encountered myself.” – Pablo Holmberg
Solo Travel Stories
59. “Traveling solo allowed me to write the chapters of my life with every step I took.” – Unknown
60. “Solo travel is the book you write with each footstep, and every page is a new adventure.” – Unknown
61. “My solo travels were the stories I could tell forever, the moments that made my heart feel alive.” – Unknown
62. “Traveling alone wasn’t just about places; it was about the stories I collected along the way.” – Unknown
63. “The best stories are born from the solo adventures we dare to embark upon.” – Unknown
Funny Solo Travel Quotes
Need some comedy in your life!? These are the best funny solo travel quotes.
64. “Be strong,” I whisper to my WiFi signal! – Unknown
65. “Can we just skip to the part of my life where I travel the world?” – Unknown
66. “People having babies…and I’m like: What country am I going to next?” – Unknown
67. “Girls don’t wait for the prince anymore, they pack and travel the world.” – Unknown
68. “Table for one, food for two, please.” – Unknown
69. “I am never happier than when I am alone in a foreign city; it is as if I had become invisible.” – Storm Jameson
70. Traveling solo means never having to argue about where to eat!” – Alison Gopnik
71. “Solo travel: Where you talk to yourself, by yourself, and for yourself.” – Unknown
72. “I travel solo because I can’t trust anyone else to take candid pictures of me.” – Unknown
73. “Solo travel is like a bad date with yourself; you discover all your annoying habits!” – Unknown
74. “Traveling solo is the only time I get to win every argument and still be friends with myself.” – Jimmy Fallon
75. “Why travel with someone when you can argue with yourself about the directions?” – Carey Mulligan
I hope you feel inspired to start traveling the world with these solo travel quotes. Remember, if you have no one to go with, please don’t let it stop you! If you still fear traveling alone, book a coaching call with me and I will help answer your questions so you feel confident to start seeing the world on your own!
Comment below with your favorite solo travel quote!
For more reading, you may also like these:
🤎 Solo Travel Tips & FREE solo travel e-book!
📸 Best Camera Gear for Solo Female Travelers
♀ Best Places for Solo Female Travel
👩❤️👱♀️How to Meet Friends Traveling Solo
🇮🇹 Traveling Italy Alone
🤫 Travel Secrets & Tips
👩 Solo Travel Interview with Samantha